Saturday, December 29, 2007

John Caught the Cold

I don't know the implications of this yet. Perhaps he will make a speedy recovery...perhaps it will put him in the hospital...perhaps it will postpone his transplant for a bit. There are some things that you don't know until they play themselves out. He sounds pretty congested. I am hoping that this cold will be totally gone by Jan. 2 when he sees Dr. V. That is only 4 days away so I have my doubts. I felt a little stuffed up on the 26th in the afternoon and thought it was my allergies so I guess I didn't go into seclusion fast enough. (I had a whole Christmas dinner to cook that day) I should have told everybody "so sad to bad, you are on your own and gone to my room." I should have moved myself to Jonathan's house.I am kicking myself for all of this. I feel very discouraged and feel we risked his health for Christmas parties. It is also hard on Jonathan because they sacrificed and stayed away so John could be healthy.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, that just sucks. You should have just came to our place. Then we all could have been sick together. And now we're better and you're sick. As Noah would say "Oh Man!" If you were going to end up sick it's only fair that you get sick from us, then at least we all could have been together for Christmas. This sucks on so many levels.

Sue said...

Oh man that is really terrible. It is so hard to completely stay away from germs. The minute you leave your house the bugs are there.
I was counting the offering at church the other day and started thinking about what was all living on the money we touch every day. Gross!!
I am starting to carry hand sanitizer in my purse at all times.

Margaret said...

Oh this really is horrible. Like Sue says, it is almost impossible to stay away from germs. Money is a huge germ fest and I sometimes wonder how long we are actually contagious before we even start to show symptoms. We will continue to pray for all of you.

footsack said...

So sad to hear about this. I can't imagine how discouraging this is. But we know one thing...God is the blessed controller of all things.
Love you guys and are praying for a speedy recovery for you all.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.