Friday, January 4, 2008

Getting Better Again!

John is feeling much better and hardly coughs at all. Yea to antibiotics and thanks to God. The Cancer Center phoned today. John will be admitted for the transplant on Jan. 14 so we have a week to kick around here. Thats O.K. by me. It gives me a chance to get caught up with the house work and get things ready at a more leisurely pace plus get totally over my cold and rest up.

I got the upstairs tree down today and the whole upstairs cleaned. Tomorrow I can start on the basement although I kinda hate to take all the decorations down. John is downstairs now watching a movie with the tree all lit up cozy like and seems to still be enjoying that. I was trying to figure out how I could just leave it all up and it would be all ready for next year. It is so tempting. That could prove to be very confusing for the grandkids though.

Becky is having a very bad week. Today she got a phone call from home. Harv and Shirley have been coming over to take care of the cats. Today they noticed a very bad smell. Her fridge quit working. Everything has gone rotten. She will have to go home to that mess. Can you pray for her that she would have no more bad things happening. I think that she has took about all she can cope with for now. They are going home on Sunday. Pray that they will have a good trip home.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Praise God that John is doing better. I hope you feel better soon too. We will be praying for you all. And poor Becky, What a horrible mess to go home to. Hopefully they won't have to buy a new fridge.

I took down my tree today too. I am putting up the small one in February when Cindy and Trevor and Chloe come home. Chloe wants to have a Christmas tree for our family Christmas.

Margaret said...

The news about John is an answer to prayer. We will continue to pray for all of you.
Poor Becky. I will pray that God will sustain her. Your family has had a lot to deal with over the past few months and then the daily stresses of life really weigh heavily. I hope they can get the fridge fixed for a reasonable amount.

footsack said...

So glad to hear that John is doing better and the transplant is going to be soon. That is an answer to prayer. We will also be praying for Becky and you all.

Becky said...

Actually, the horrible mess turned out to be not so horrible. Shirley (and Harv) got everything out and left the windows open. With my cold, I couldn't even smell anything.

The fridge guy comes tomorrow. Sigh. I hope it doesn't cost too much because the only thing that was worth saving from our fridge (and freezer) was a bottle of ketchup and some popcorn. I'm estimating replacing all of that food will cost us at least $150.00. Add that to what it costs to actually fix the dang (practically new) thing and you've got a unhappy Becky who can't even afford to take Harv and Shirley out to dinner.

footsack said...

I don't know if you come here John but I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I pray that you will be blessed and feel God's presence with you...and of course your family's too:) Have a wonderful day.
I sure wish we could spend it with you. Love you lots.

Margaret said...

I, too, would like to say, "Happy Birthday, John". I hope you have a great day and pray for many more, even better birthdays to come.