Thursday, January 3, 2008

Transplant Delayed

John cold has progressed to pneumonia. His transplant has been postponed until this clears up. His chest is pretty congested. He is on antibiotics. He is not running a temperature but seems to sub normal now... 35.6 degrees... If he is still like this tomorrow I will phone the cancer center to see if this is O.K. Becky is also pretty sick. They have gone to Glens moms place. We somehow missed telling her about Aunt Anne's death and funeral. I feel horrible about this. She had some fond memories of her and now she missed the funeral. John has medical reason to have a poor focus. I don't. So she is now not only feeling crummy but sad as well. I don't think that I could feel any more discouraged than I do right now.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Chris don't beat up on yourself to much. I think you have a pretty good reason to be forgetful. You are under a lot of stress and haven't been feeling great either. Sometimes things like this just happen. I know all about being forgetful. there were some of our cousins who didn't find out about Dad passing away until September. It's to bad, but it happened and we can't go back and change it.
I will be praying for you and John.

footsack said...

Chris, I totally agree with everything Sue just said. You have EVERY right to be forgetful. You have more on your plate right now that I think anyone really knows. Don't beat yourself up. Stuff like this happens all the time. Art never even knew that Aunt Lena passed away and missed her funeral too. You are not the first one and none of us were under any kind of stress compared to what you have been facing.
Our prayers are with you all and we pray you will feel His touch.
Wish we could do more.

Margaret said...

Chris, I feel just like my sisters. You have every reason to forget things like this. I know that when Dad was sick towards the end, Mom was much more forgetful because she was totally consumed with Dad's needs. I'm sure Becky understands the strain you're under. Don't kick yourself around about this. John is your soul mate and at this time that is where your attention should be. We will continue to pray for you, John and your kids.

Christine said...

Thanks guys...I talked to Becky...she is not mad at me...just sad about aunt Anne. Plus she feels sick...worries about her dad and now her fridge broke!