Thursday, January 10, 2008

Here We Go

John is now admitted. They put him in a four bed room. Hopefully by tomorrow he will get a private room. I am uncomfortable with him being in a public room. Saturday they will do the chemo that takes out his bone marrow. While he will not be neutropenic for a few days I hate the thought of him contracting something with neutropenic on the way. Pray for his protection and that they will get him into a private room soon. Pray that he will get a room with a window. It really makes a difference on how well he feels emotionally. John just phoned and said they put him into a private room with a window. That was a fast answer to prayer! I am so glad and relieved.

The chemo can cause side effects. Many people get the runs. Pray that John will not suffer this indignity. People who get this have real problems getting to the toilet in time.

Monday they will do the stem cell transplant. It is a little more complicated than just hanging up a bag on an I.V. pole and letting it run into him. He has to be monitored closely because there can be complications and they have to be on top of that. It has to do with his heart and respiration. Complications are rare and are manageable when they occur. Pray that there will not be any complications. Dr. V. will be there to oversee all of this. He plans to have a headache. I guess the media that they store the stem cells in get breathed out by John and anybody who has been exposed to this repeatedly gets headaches from his breath. His breath will smell like creamed corn.

The biggest thing of all is that all the cancer cells will die. Pray that there will not be even one cell left. Pray that his kidneys will be protected. Pray that the stem cells will graft well and quickly. Pray that he will not even get one fever or any infections. Pray that John will feel Gods presence and continue to be at peace. Pray that our children will feel Gods presence and be totally at peace.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the quick update. We will be praying for all the requests. SO glad he got his room with a view. Give John our love.

p.s. I found the suitcase!!!

Christine said...

Sue...LOL...where was it hiding? I am glad because I was racking my brain as to any possibility of insane places I could have put it due to my lack of focus. Hey, you and mom, along as you are healthy and not exposed to illness can come up and hang around on Monday when they do the transplant if you want to. Maybe phone me..O.K.? John has his phone hooked up. Just call 655-1000 and they will connect you to his room.

Christine said...

By the By...the room is really nice!

Toad said...

I'LL BE THERE ON MONDAY. I BOOKED IT OFF.

Sue said...

Stink!!! I still have a bit of a cold.

footsack said...

Thanks so much for the update and glad John got a nice room.
We will for sure pray for all the requests here. Sure wish we could come and hang out on Monday. Is it a long process?