Saturday, January 12, 2008

Chemo Finished

They did the final chemo this morning. Dr. F. did not come around yesterday as we were told he would to let us know what was going on. The x-rays must have been fine or they would not have started this process today. He was allowed home on a day pass this afternoon so he had a nice relaxing afternoon and evening at home. He may be able to come home for the day tomorrow as well but I think that will be about it for day passes for awhile. He is already on a low microbial diet so Angela and I studied that this afternoon. He can't even have pepper unless it is cooked with his food or any old left overs. That is why I am very serious about cleaning out the fridge. He can't have cheese, any fresh fruit or vegetables, nuts, dried fruits, ice cream with nuts or fruits and the list goes on and on. The nurse put it this way: "cook the poop out of everything." John does get a bit growly about all of this but I really don't blame him. It will be very nice for him when he doesn't have a bunch of people telling him what to do all of the time. They will do the transplant on Monday. This is about a two hour procedure. There will be a team of people in the room for the whole two hours that it takes. I guess Dr. M. will be attending this as well as a transplant tech. and a nurse.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Had a nice chat with John this evening.

The diet does not sound very exciting. People at church were wondering if they could cook some meals for John since he really hates hospital food. Could you let me know if this works and then I can pass on the the answer to them.

I really wish I could come to the hospital but my cold is still hanging on.

Margaret said...

I really wish I could come to the hospital. too. We will be praying often that the transplant goes well and that John will be healed.