Monday, January 28, 2008

No Hurry

I stayed home today. I am getting a lot done. While I go to the hospital every day things have a way of sliding. I did pretty good for the first week but after that...well! I have done a bunch of laundry, bathed the dog. I figured he should be clean too! We are allowed to keep him at home because it is not normal for dog disease to transfer to humans. I shall get some baby wipes and clean his feet when he comes in so he doesn't track filth in from going out back to do his business. He does not go on the furniture. I am having a Chai tea break. I got addicted to that at the hospital. After that I have to scrub down the bathrooms, vacuum and wash the floors. Oh..Ya and dust a bit. Fold cloths. I got the I-tunes shuffle on so I will bogey my way through the rest of it.

John doesn't get to come home for at least a couple of days. He is still having trouble with getting fluid in his lungs. This comes from all the IV's they give him and his poor kidneys. They are not going to let him go until this is under control. This is what we had to go to emergency with the last time he was discharged from the hospital. They seem to be acting like this is something new but it is not. We are fine with his staying. His white counts are up to 5 today.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

We will pray for his lungs to stay healthy. I am so pleased to hear that his blood count is up to 5! God is good.

footsack said...

AWESOME!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!
It's so good to hear his blood count is going up. Praying everything else just falls into place like it should and he will be home and healthy in no time.
Glad to hear you stayed home today. The weather there is pretty brutal.