Friday, January 25, 2008

On The Upswing

Wee...Haa! The White cells are starting to make their appearance! Today they registered at point1. Now I know that doesn't sound like much but it means a lot. He was told today that he would be able to go home next week. Yeah! Pray that he doesn't get sent home too early though. We would rather stay two extra days in the hospital than have to spend one night in emergency.

I rather...kind of slept in today. John told me that I was a laggerty wife and that he had to spend hours and hours alone in the hospital all by himself. So I told him "sorry". So he said "just kidding". So I said "I know".

Janie left a container of food for us yesterday just in the nick of time too. Due to my laggerty behavior I had not cooked anything for John tonight. It is awful food Friday at the hospital all day today. The food she left is all fine for John's consumption so I am good to go.

Just thought I would let you know...things are on the upswing!

4 comments:

footsack said...

That is so awesome to hear!
I'm sure John must be so happy to hear that he can go home. Sure wish we could come for coffee.
Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

I have found that I am able to view these pages at work!! And it's dead. And I'm so out of the loop it's not even funny.

I'm praying for you Uncle John. Every time I think of you I think of that song "Miracle Maker" by Delerious. If you haven't heard it, you really should. Hope you're feeling better!!!

Unknown said...

I haven't always been commenting, because I'm not always sure what to say. But I've been reading, and I'm so glad that things are starting to look good! I'm so happy! My favorite part of this post is the second paragraph. It's so nice to hear him joking around.

Anonymous said...

ditto to what carrie said