Friday, May 28, 2010

Dear Dad

Fridays are the worst days for me. Right after work, when I get home. I bottle things up all week, to make it through and then I come home every Friday after work and cry. I look at pictures, and watch videos and lay on the couch until I fall asleep. I had a message saved on my voice mail that you left once when you were in the hospital. I think you were bored.

"Angie-weiner, are you there? Let me hear your voice."

I kept the message for as long as I had that number. I thought that one day I might not be able to hear yours and this would be my only way. I don't have it anymore and all I want right now is to chat and hear your voice.

I just sit here and cry and think, I just can't believe this happened. This isn't happening, this didn't happen, how did this happen.

It's just not fair.

7 comments:

The Invisible Mo said...

Wish I could hug you. Even though I know for sure it wouldn't be enough. It would still be something.
Love you, Angela.

Sue said...

Awwwwe Angela, I am so sorry.

Becky said...

I was just thinking the other day that I wish I had saved some of his phone messages. I wish I could hear the Angie-weiner one. I should post some videos for us. Maybe this week. I'm starting to miss his voice way too much. Whenever the phone is busy at Mom and Dad's I call over and over listening to him tell me to leave a message.

Becky said...

Also, I love you buddy.

Christine said...

It doesn't seem real and at the same time it is so devastatingly real. I miss his voice, his smile and his everything. Some videos would be ever so nice, thanks Becky. Hugs to you all.

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

I removed that because I missed a word or two and it made no sense.

The only copy of his voice I have is at Grandpas funeral. I have listened to it a few times just to hear his voice but it is really hard. It takes me back to a very difficult time.