Monday, May 31, 2010

Popsicles and Cuddles


I took this video in the last few minutes of the last time Dad was here at our house. I remember watching him and Mom drive away afterwards. And crying in the driveway. I always cried when they left. Even before Dad got sick. I'm like that. I can't help it.

Now I'm sitting on the couch in the same spot he was sitting and I still find it completely incomprehensible that he's not here and he won't be coming here again ever. I still feel like I've been punched in the stomach whenever I think of him and everything we've lost...

All those wonderfully ordinary moments that everyone else gets to take for granted.

3 comments:

Sue said...

This is so sweet! and yet so sad at the same time. How wonderful to see John that way again. Oh how I wish things were different.Thanks Becky!

footsack said...

When you see him like that and hear his voice, it just seems so unbelievable that he is gone.
Thanks for sharing that.

Sue said...

Watched this again. I wonder if I will ever just smile when I see him like this and remember how wonderful he was. I think not. I miss him!!