Wednesday, November 11, 2009

From Jen

I remember when we were kids I was often worried about my parents dying. So one day I asked them what would happen to us if that ever happened. Mom told us if it ever did happen that we would come and live with Uncle John and Auntie Chris. I of course mulled over this a lot and to be honest was scared and worried all the more. I did not know them that well and my cousins were all in High School already and so I did not want to go there. But as time went on and I got to know two of the best ppl in the world I knew that if it ever happened we would have been welcomed into there family and treated like one of there own. Because that is just how God made them to be. I will always cherish the moments I had with Uncle John. The hug every sunday. The happy hello. The way he treated Tommy even though Tommy wasn't even his grandkid. He was a great man, ever seeking the heart of God.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I had forgotten that already.
But I am sure that, had I gone first, no matter how old you were, He would have looked out for you.

footsack said...

You are so blessed to have seen him with Tommy. I know he loved his grandkids sooo much but he just had a big heart for kids!

Christine said...

Yup, he loved kids. He loved to tease them too. If you would have had to come live with us...he would have drove you nuts just like he did his own kids. LOL

Anonymous said...

Instead I had my wonderful Dad to drive me nuts!! lol