Tuesday, November 10, 2009

From Susan

I have so many good memories of John. From the early years as kids growing up, all the card games at Westveiw Place. Camping trips, backyard fires and being able to attend church with him was a real blessing.

I will never forget this one Sunday morning in church. We were sitting at the back behind John and Chris. The worship team was playing and I looked over at John and he was singing with all his heart and as I watched he started to raise his hands just a bit at his sides. As the song continued Johns hand went higher and higher until they were stretched up as high as they could go. The tears were running down his face as he stood there in total freedom praising his Jesus. John loved his Lord with all his heart, soul, mind and strength. As close as John was to God that day he is soo much closer now and I cannot imagine how he must be enjoying worshiping his Lord and Savior right now. Maybe with his hands raised, or bowing down before Him or sitting in his lap just getting a hug.

One thing I know is it must be sweet! and I am looking forward to someday being able to be there with him and hearing him sing his songs of love to our Jesus.

Until we meet again... I will miss you John.

6 comments:

Becky said...

I was going to post this song once. I'm not there though, I wish I was, but I'm not. Dad was better at that than I am. I identify with the verses, I just need to get to a place where the chorus isn't the complete opposite of where I am.

Thanks Aunty Susan, for what you wrote and for the song. I love you.

Margaret said...

What a beautiful memory. And a beautiful song.

footsack said...

That is awesome! Your post and this song!

Sue said...

I am working on that too Becky. Most of the time I am not there and wish I was. The song reminded me of your Dad and how he was.

Unknown said...

Oh Auntie Sue I love this. What a great song. I try and be there, but I'm also not sure I am.

Christine said...

That is a beautiful song. That is where we all long to be. John struggled with this. He could praise God for who he was but not for the cancer. I think that is an important distinction. I don't think god expects me to thank him for that horrible disease but I can praise him for how he was with it through the whole thing. At the very beginning He promised me that He would be the lifter of my head. Of coarse, I translated that to mean that He would heal John. It is so easy to grasp at what we want to believe. The thing is...God did keep his promise to me. He does lift my head even in the storm. For that I can praise him. I know that John is safely with him. I can praise Him for that.